What is microblading?
Have you ever wondered: what is microblading? Well imagine having fuller looking, perfectly shaped brows everyday… no worries about your makeup smudging, or getting them wet, or re-applying makeup throughout the day.
Microblading is a manual, semi-permanent tattoo in the brow that is applied by hand (not machine), using a hand tool, with a pre-packaged, sterile, single use ‘blade’ and yields a realistic and natural result that can give the brow a fuller appearance. With this technique small, realistic hair lines are drawn in the brow, mimicking real individual hairs, creating fuller, natural looking and beautifully shaped brows.
This technique enables us to create crisp, fine “hair” strokes that can help to fill in thin brows or brows with bald spots. It also allows us to create total brow reconstruction for those who have completely bare brows and/or have been impacted by a condition which has reduced or eliminated their brow hair growth.
Prior to the procedure we will shape and customize your brows to a size and shape that compliments your facial features and frames your eyes well. We will also discuss and select a colour that best matches your natural complexion and skin tone, bearing in mind undertones and skin conditions. Once you are completely satisfied with how you will look, we will begin the process of microblading. Topical anaesthetics are applied before and during the procedure. Microblading is not painful and will not damage your existing natural brow hair.
Immediately following the procedure, brows will appear darker, bolder and more defined, but will fade approximately 20-30% lighter in 2-4 weeks.
A microblading procedure requires approximately two hours. Microblading is a two-step process and includes a perfection procedure 6 weeks after the initial procedure. Pigment retention depends on skin type, age, aftercare, sun exposure, use of certain skin products, pigments used, immune system, medication and other factors. Annual colour refreshing is recommended.
- NO blood thinning / anti-coagulant medication, vitamins & supplements, Omegas, Herbal, green, detox teas, NSAIDS (Ibrufen, aspirin, etc.). Please consult physician if these have been prescribed.
- NO Botox, Fillers, Tanning, Acid peels, AHA, Retin-A, Sunburn 2 weeks prior to appointment.
- Strictly NO swimming, saunas, jacuzzis, exercise, sunbathing, heavy sweating whatsoever allowed for 7 days after the procedure.
- NO tinting, waxing or tweezing area for 2 weeks after the procedure.
- NO electrolysis for 3 weeks after procedure.
- Avoid environments that could cause dirt or germs to contact area while healing.
- Avoid any harsh soaps on the area for 1 week.
- Avoid scrubbing, rubbing or scratching the area. Using patting motions with clean tissue until healed.
- Avoid peeling or picking at crust as this will cause scarring and pigment loss.
- Avoid exposing area to full pressure of shower until all scabbing has come off completely.
- Avoid anti-ageing products and services containing acids, lighteners and exfoliators, as they will cause premature fading of pigment.
- Avoid ablative and non-ablative lasers as these may cause pigment to turn black.
- are planning on having laser hair removal, inform the laser specialist that you have permanent makeup so that this area can be avoided by the laser.
- are having an MRI, please let them know that you have permanent makeup.
- are planning a chemical peel, please let them know that you have permanent makeup.
- if you donate blood, you will not be allowed to donate for the following 12 months.
Permanent makeup prices
|Brows Microblading or ombré||R2400|
|Eyeliner natural (top OR bottom)||R1300|
|Eyeliner natural (top AND bottom)||R2500|
|Designer eyeliner (top)||R1600|
|Full vibrant lips||R3400|
|Designer lip liner||R2300|
|3D Areola re-creation||R3350|
|Scalp (hair tattoo)||from||R650|
|Touch up ((applicable only to work done by Tsedeq™)||from||R650|
|Corrections (any work not done by Tsedeq™)||POQ|